Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

American media: Opinion: Dog Whistle to the right

CNN

Romney's 'birther' line is no joke

By Donna Brazile
As I said, we shouldn't be surprised by Romney's remark. Trying to pretend that somehow Obama is not an American-born leader, or questioning his patrioism, or his values by using the Big Lie often speaks in code. 

But let's decode some of the implications:
-- Show us your birth certificate, but I won't show you my tax returns.
-- You need to prove your identity to vote, but my super PAC allies don't need to identify their donors.
-- I'll lie about Obama's plans, but won't explain my own.
-- I'll blame Obama for the problems he didn't cause, and take credit for his solutions that work.

Romney's birther remark was less a surprise than a confirmation that his moral compass is off center.
Mr. Romney, America's not an aristocracy. It's not where you were born -- in a cabin or a mansion -- or how you were raised -- in poverty by a single parent or with money and privilege -- that matters.

Read it at CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/opinion/brazile-romney-birther-line/index.html?hpt=po_c2

No comments:

Post a Comment